Turtle Southeast, Inc. is an equal opportunity sub-contractor specializing in COLD MILLING and hiring for the position of OPERATOR TRAINEE. The position does require a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. You must have a minimum CLASS D LICENSE but we would prefer you have a CLASS A CDL with all endorsements and tractor-trailer driving experience. The job requires you to travel throughout the state of Florida and southern Georgia. You will be transporting the equipment to the job site, operating and maintaining the equipment on the job and working on the equipment in the shop when not on a job site. You may be out of town as much as three weeks at a time. You will be paid PER DIEM each day that you are out of town. We arrange and pay for all lodging. On the first day of the month after 90 days of employment, you will be eligible for our INSURANCE BENEFITS PACKAGE, PROFIT SHARING BONUS PLAN, PAID HOLIDAYS and UNIFORMS. After one year of continuous employment, you will be eligible for VACATIONS immediately and our 401K PLAN on the next enrollment date. Turtle Southeast, Inc. is a DRUG FREE WORK PLACE.
- COLD MILLING – The process of planing or removing asphalt from roadways, runways, and parking lots using an asphalt-profiling machine.
- OPERATOR TRAINEE – Training to operate our equipment. Training usually takes anywhere from one to three weeks. Heavy Equipment operating experience is helpful but not required.
- PER DIEM- An allowance for daily expenses while away from home (currently $20.00 per day).
Commercial Driver Licenses (CDL)
- CLASS A: Any Tractor/Trailer combination that has an actual weight, declared weight or GVWR of 26,001 LBS. or more, provided towed vehicle is more than 10,000 LBS.
- CLASS B: Any single motor vehicle that has an actual weight, declared weight or GVWR of 26,001 LBS. or more, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle of 10,000 LBS. or less
- CLASS C: Any motor vehicle that has an actual weight, declared weight or GVWR of less than 26,001 LBS. when endorsements “H” or “P” would be required on the driver license OR any combination of motor vehicles where the towing vehicle is less than 26,001 LBS. GVWR and the towed vehicle has a GVWR of 10,000 LBS. or less, but together they weigh 26,001 LBS. or more.
Insurance Benefits Package
- GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE: Turtle contributes half of a single premium. Participation is voluntary.
- GROUP DENTAL INSURANCE: Employee pays entire premium. Participation is voluntary.
- GROUP TERM LIFE INSURANCE: Employee pays entire premium. Participation is voluntary.
- FLEXIBLE BENEFITS: Employee may choose from an array of individual supplemental plans. Employee pays entire premium. Participation is voluntary.
Profit Sharing Plan
After 90 days of continuous employment, you will be eligible to receive quarterly bonuses determined by company profit and based on your length of service and position in the company.
After 90 days of continuous employment, you will receive 8 hours of regular pay for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving (If Veterans Day is worked)
- Christmas Day
- Plus some floating holidays (To be taken at management’s discretion)
After 90 days of continuous employment, you may obtain uniforms. Turtle Southeast will pay ½ of the actual cost of the uniform service.
After one year of continuous employment, you will be entitled to vacation of 1 week (5 days or 40 hours). After 3 years of continuous employment you will be entitled to vacation of 2 weeks (10 days or 80 hours).
After one year of continuous employment, you may join our 401K plan that allows you to contribute a percentage of your gross in pre-tax dollars to funds that will grow into a retirement income over time. Turtle matches 50 % of the first 3% you contribute. Enrollment is held twice a year (April 1 and Oct1).
DRUG FREE WORK PLACE
As part of our Drug Free Work Place policy all new hires are subject to a pre-employment drug screen. In addition we conduct random drug screens and drug screens in the event of an on the job accident.
HOW TO APPLY
You may download and print a job application. Click here and print the application
Please bring it – along with your driver’s license and social security card to:
1875 12th St. SE
Largo, FL 33771
For more information e-mail us at Our Operations Center or call 727-518-0962 ext. 117